Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Yay! Yay! Yay!!!!!!


Yippee! I made something. LOL! I squeezed in 30-minutes this afternoon to make a card before I started fixing supper. I love to photograph outdoors, so I was trying to get this done while I still had some light. It's been gloomy/raining for the past three days; so I had just a small window of time to shoot this card outdoors and take advantage of the little light I had left. I was inspired by Jennifer's card Alterations, Sew and Go. Jennifer cleverly covered the headpins on the House Mouse image with Stickles. Pretty cool, huh?

While I was looking at this vintage image, I saw the little stars and remembered that I had some "star" bling in my stash of embellishments. See what happens when I surf blogs? I bet you do this too. You see little things here and there and you file these ideas in your memory. Thank you, Jennifer, for the inspiration! I'm sending this to a new friend that I've made through 2 peas in a bucket. Are you ready for Halloween? Are you planning to give out a lot of candy? We usually get a lot of kids ringing our doorbell, so I will be shopping for two LARGE bags of candy in the near future.

3 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

I love this card! That image is such so much fun! I love surfing blogs for inspiration!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh Ethel! This is darling! I love the vintage image and your layout, colors and embellishments are each and every one of them right on the mark! You really are getting me in the Halloween spirit!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable.. I Love the vintage images you have been using on your halloween cards. Vey cute.