Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Glance




This is an attemp to intermingle a vintage image with more eclectic, whimsical stamps and a little more "modern" flair (by using the scalloped punch and polka dot paper). The image of the woman is called "The Glance" by Stampington & Co. I used Autumn Leaves stamps (from Rhonna Farrer's "Swirls" and "Flowers") for the side border. Adding primas ties it altogether and gives the card texture. I may use this card as a Mother's Day card. I'm not sure yet. I know my sister-in-law and my mom would like it.

12 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I like the way you put the image in a circle. And I love your flourishes and the way you tied everything together.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love how this turned out. very stylish!

Erin said...

I really like it and I'm not normally a vintage type girl, but this is just timeless to me.

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely!

Jacqueline said...

Simply gorgeous!!

Flower said...

Ooh! This is fabulous! Submit, submit!

Andrea said...

Wow Ethel! This card is beautiful ... I love how you have mixed the 'old' with the 'new'. Gorgeous!

Michele Kovack said...

I just "found" your blog, your cards...etc...are wonderful! I too am drawn to the vintage things. My house displays a lot of that! Beautiful work!

Tami Bayer said...

gorgeous! I love the larg image in the punch...gotta try that.

Dymphie said...

What a lovely card! Beautiful design and colours.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I just made a card similar to this with the oval circle and flowers. We must have been on the same wavelength Ethel. LOL. Of course, your card is awesome. Love that image.

Anonymous said...

Oops- forgot to sign my name above: Lesa :)