Thursday, February 22, 2007

What's the Buzz all about?

I am so excited to have received my set of "Those Girls in their Hats" by Buzz n Bloom (for folks who don't rubber stamp, the "set" I'm referring to is a sheet or plate of unmounted rubber stamps). My friend, Phillipa (who owns a stamp store in Australia) had ordered them for me, and then sent them up. Don't they look so "ooh-la-lah?" I love my Cuttlebug swirl embossing folder; and thought it would be useful for creating an elegant background for the ladies. When I get images like these, I tend to go with "less is more." So, after stamping the ladies on white cardstock, I didn't feel I needed to add any more embellishing (bows, bling, brads...you get the picture). They're elegant, just the way they are.





AND.....on another note........Today, my friends Cathy and Tina received the altered matchboxes that I made for them. These are made out of large matchboxes (like the ones that have something like 1,000 matches inside). I made them to be ATC (Artist Trading Card) holders.

8 comments:

Kim said...

These cards are just beautiful Ethel! You are so right, they don't need anything else, very elegant!!

Rebecca vdW said...

ooo great idea making the matchboxes into ATC card holders! I might have joined the swap if I had thought of that. Way to think outside the box Ethel! ;0)
The new stamps are AWESOME. They look awesome just as they are! But how fun will it be to add embelishments and bling to these also!! I can just picture these with a real feather added to the hat, or some rinestone earings. Have fun with your new stamps!

Dymphie said...

Lovely cards Ethel and your boxes are superb!

Mary said...

I couldn't agree more about your new stamps...they are indeed elegant. Love the ATC holders you did too.

Mary (toao)

Rika said...

These boxes are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Omgosh these are soooooooo beautiful. I love the images on the cards with the embossed background. And the matchboxes! Oh my word....love them!

Jacqueline said...

Hey Ethel, what a lovely surprise to see you visited my blog - and I'm so happy you have started to record your art too!! I LOVE these cards you made with the elegant ladies - stunning!

Cathy said...

Thank you so much for creating these unique boxes and for placing my first winged theme ATC within it. I so love this and will find a place of prominence to display it within my studio!