Sunday, August 12, 2007

We're getting to know each other on the Stamp Shack.....



I LOVE the musical "King & I". I especially love the song "Getting to Know You." I'm hosting a swap on the Stamp Shack, and it's a "Getting to Know You" theme. Each person is asked to include a photograph of themselves, and words which best describe them. I chose to poke fun at myself, as you can see; but in all honesty, sometimes I AM a drama queen. I know I'm rarely serious (unless I'm at work, and then I'm being paid to be serious). But, those close to me know that I'm 99% silly and I love to keep things light. The first version has me wearing a party hat. BTW, this is a picture of me when I was about 2 1/2 years old. Apparently, I was a handful. LOL! Some of the puzzle pieces were not large enough so that I could place a party hat on my head for each one. I tried to make all of the pieces a little different, so each person was getting a unique puzzle piece.

9 comments:

Heather Grow said...

Super cute Ethel.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ethel, this is GREAT! I can hardly wait to be able to put my whole puzzle together. So cute!! You are, however, MUCH YOUNGER than I thought! Tee hee!

Tami Bayer said...

Adorable! I love that pic of you :)

Unknown said...

Ethel, this is super cute!!!! Love both the puzzle piece and that picture of you....what a cutie!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful, beautiful, as usual. You are one cute gal! I love the King and I a lot too. Even cried in t

K Hutchinson said...

WOW this is super Ethel! Your toddler picture is adorable on there too!


~K

Tandra said...

Hi! Im so glad I found your blog!! I linked via Kim and Beth and Tami etc!!! This puzzle is adorable!!
I saw The King and I in Los Angeles, wow I dont know how many years, I forgot!! Yul Brynner was in it- ahhhh.... Wonderful!!

Thanh Vo said...

You were an adorable child. I also love the King and I. :)

Cora said...

You were a cutie! I love these two pieces.