Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Reinkers experiment


I thought I'd play with my reinkers this evening. It's basically the same idea as using alcohol inks on glossy cardstock, but instead of AI, I used Stampin Up Bashful Blue reinker; and instead of Blending Solution, I used a fine mist spray bottle filled with water.

First, lightly sprtiz your cardstock. Don't soak it, just spritz it. Lay it on a flat surface and achor down the corners with something heavy. This wil help to prevent your cardstock from rolling up too much (or, if at all). Apply 3 to 4 drops of reinker to felt (which is attached to the daubing tool you normally use when you play with alcohol inks). Start daubing on the wet surface. Allow to dry for about five minutes before you start stamping on it. Voila!

Stamp used: Stampers Anonymous. Paper: Basic Grey.

6 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ethel, I really like the results of your reinker experiment. It gives the background a softer look. This is lovely!

liannallama said...

pretty, pretty page! I learned a great tip at a class this weekend. when your paper curls, try lightly spritzing the BACK side with water! Works like a charm!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I just nominated you for the "Thinking Blogger" award on my blog.

Mary said...

Ethel, as always...you rock girl! I love the way you experiment with new idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mary (toao)

Thanh Vo said...

OMG. ETHEL!!! The recipient of this card was ME. For some reason your cards almost brought tears to my eyes... Seeing your creations in person is so stunningly beautiful. You are so creative and thoughtful! Thank you so much for being a great friend and crafter-extraordinaire!

Thanh Vo said...

^ mmm that sounds bad. i meant to say that i was overcome with emotion.