Sunday, June 10, 2007

I've started a Circle Journal Swap on the Stamp-Shack



This is my Circle Journal for a swap I'm hosting on the Stamp Shack. There are six players in this swap. My journal is 6" x 5 1/2" and is made of chipboard. I'm holding it together using loose binder rings. I love participating in circle journals and collecting the creative input of other artists on one specific theme. My book (obviously) is on "quotes." Each player can interpret the theme however they wish, but they must include a quote on their pages. Since this swap is on the Stamp-Shack, each person is encouraged to use a rubber stamped image or quote in their pages.



This is the sign in page. The collage stamp is by Diffusion. I added alcohol inks to glossy cardstock and stamped the image using StazOn. The words "sign" and "in" are rub-on letters by Bohemia. I added loopy brads to keep the page closed so it doesn't get bent while it moves from one person to the next.



This is what the inside of the sign-in page looks like.



Dontcha just love this quote? It comes from one of my favorite John Hughes movies. The stamp of the boy is by Paper Artsy. I made the "frame" using chipboard and my Marvy Uchida Giga Square punch. It gives me a chance to use up the monumental amount of embellishments that I keep accumulating.



This is fun page. I really "dig" the Spike & Lucy stamp by Lost Coast Designs. It adds a good balance to this page. The smiling girl stamp is by Paperbag Studios (sorry for the blurry picture).



This is the third page and last input on my part until I get the book back in August. I love this quote and think the Marilyn Monroe stamp (Stampsmith) is perfect for it.

7 comments:

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Ethel - this is so cool! I love your collage work. :)

Dina
mamadinis.blogspot.com

Vintage Papers said...

beautiful work as always Ethel!

Kerilou said...

This is a gorgeous project! Thanks for sharing. The photos and explanations are great! Keri

K Hutchinson said...

Well I can't wait until I get your book- I have my quotes all picked out an a sketch of what I will be doing! Hope that it all works out as good as it is in my sketch book! Your pages are gorgeous! I think I need to go stamp shopping again- what is your favorite place to order stamps from ????


~K

Tami Bayer said...

Beautiful work and each one is a wonderful quote. I can't wait to see your finished book.

Linda M said...

What a great CJ! Wish I were on the rotation. Miss you at OFP!

Anonymous said...

Stunning! I want in on the next one you make. I'll have to keep checking.