Thursday, September 20, 2007

Expanding my horizons a little more


I've had this stamp in my collection for at least one year, now, and I've never used it. I was attracted to it, the minute I saw it, but I think I've been too intimidated by it. I finally gave myself the "nudge" to use it in order to meet a challenge by a friend. I'm glad I did, because I'm rather pleased with how this card turned out. It's simple, and it didn't need to be cluttered by anything else like an overly busy background. I learned the "saran wrap" technique from fellow Stamp Shack Creative Team member, Jan Jenitis (blog-host of Far North Designs.) . Just take a good size piece of saran wrap and crumple it up. Dab it on your ink pad and start stamping on your cardstock. I used Nick Bantok Vermillion and Brown ink on my background. The stamp of this African man is by Stamp Cabana.

2 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

WOW this is stunning! Love the image! The background looks amazing with it! AWESOME!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ethel! Did you hear my audible gasp when I saw this card?!? This is just an incredible piece. The image is beautiful and your technique is right on perfect. Nothing overpowers, but definitely does compliment, this amazing image.

WOW!