Friday, September 7, 2007

Faith, Hope and Love




I had to create "something" this last Saturday. I "think" while I work, so this was a great thinking project. It gave me clarity. LOLOLOL!

This shrine is called "Faith, Hope and Love." I guess it could be a wedding-theme shrine or an anniversary-theme shrine.

It started out as a mistake. I stamped the King and Queen and discovered they were both too tall for the card I wanted to make. So, I set them aside. When I woke up at 6:45 AM. I walked into my craft room, and started pulling cardstock, paper, stamps, inks...and just started to create. Really didn't plan to work on a shrine, but Lynn Pirella's book on Art Dolls was the last thing I read last night; and I was inspired by a shrine one of the contributing artists had made.

By 9 AM, it had developed into a full-blown shrine-project. Before I went to do my grocery shopping, I made a pit-stop at Michael's and bought an 11 x 14 shadow box (they're all on sale at 40% off this week, by the way). Also, I picked up some beads with peridot (green) crystals, to stay with Stacy's color choices for the week.

Anyhoo, the rest is self-explanatory. I THOROUGHLY enjoyed making this shrine, and plan to make some more. I am thinking of selling a bunch of shrines that I make at a local co-op gallery. I've seen some things sold there, and I think my shrine would sell.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is stunning, Ethel!!!!! Oh my!!!!!! You did a beauuuuutiful job!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh WOW! This is a jaw dropper, Ethel. An amazing piece!

katemade designs said...

I love this. I've always liked stamps like this but never quite got the use of them down right -- but you have this is gorgeous.

Tami Bayer said...

This is an fabulous piece. It will sell so quick at the co-op, you'll need to make more.

Dymphie said...

Wowzers Ethel! This is absolutely fabulous! Stunning piece.

Dawn said...

this is really so wonderfull. WOW it's really great...

K Hutchinson said...

OMG this is so stunning! Love it!