Friday, September 14, 2007

Cards from sketches




Just playing around with a couple of card sketches. I wanted to create two completely different cards using the basic same sketch (cards one and two above). One being a vintage collage, while the other being an asia-theme collage. I couldn't believe I struggled with the third one. As simple as it looks, I didn't have a sentiment that was the "right length" for this card. It kept chopping off the little boy's feet! LOL! And, my colors were way off, initially. After about an hour struggling with it, I finally pulled it off!

5 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ethel, these are AMAZING! All three are perfectly beautiful and isn't it wonderful to see the same sketch but three unique cards. Lovely, LOVELY work!

K Hutchinson said...

WOW this are so gorgeous! I just love them! I will have to give these sketches a try this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Vos cartes sont très belles. Je dois avouer que j'ai une préférence pour la 1ere ! Votre travail est magnifique.

liannallama said...

well, they're all fab! Such different looks on your sketches and I love the finished product of the boy card!

Sue McGettigan said...

These are just fab Ethel, love 'em!