Thursday, March 1, 2007

It's not your computer.....this IS the view from my window...

I woke up at 4:30 this morning, to the sound of light hail falling on my house. I looked outside of the living room window and saw the wind whipping around, and hail/sleet falling. By six o'clock, there was lightning and thunder (they call it thundersnow) and the sleet had now shifted to large flakes of snow. I called the Creighton University campus, and it had closed (so, no work for me, today). They'd also announced that all schools in the Omaha Metro had shut down, and Offutt AFB (non-essential personnel) were to stay home.
I went back to bed, and woke up again, just before nine; turned on the TV, and we're now in a blizzard warning. The National Weather Service calls this a "blizzard warning." Well, if this isn't a blizzard yet, then I don't know what is. Wind gusts appear (and sound) to be blowing at least 60 mph. Our house is "crackling" and the tree branches are just swaying, like crazy. I probably have a good eight inches of snow on my back deck. We're expecting at least a foot of snow before this is over.

Here is Casper, checking out the view of the deck. The cats know something isn't right, and they're a little antsy.

1 comment:

Pam Speidel said...

Oh MY! You are really getting it down there aren't you?! Once again, we've somehow been spared here in Norfolk. Thank goodness! I'm sure you've enjoyed your crafting day at home today. Keep warm and THINK SPRING!! Smiles, Pam :)