Monday, September 29, 2008

Shameless request for humor

Since last Sunday, my life has been nothing short of chaotic. My husband left on a business trip. When he returned, we had to buckle down and make plans for his promotion party, which is this Wednesday. But, we also had to plan my son's birthday party. On top of all of this, I still had to do the usual "stuff" that moms do (laundry, cooking, working). Now, my mother and father in-law are arriving this afternoon. Tomorrow, my father-in-law will need to go into the hospital at 6 AM for his kidney dialysis. Tuesday night, my sisters-in-law and nephew get in around midnight. Today and tomorrow, I still have to keep things "calm" around the house so my son can still get a good night's rest and go to school, focused. Wednesday morning, I've got to be up early, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, pick up the food platters from one place, and the promotion cake from another place. Set-up for the promotion ceremony is at 9 AM. The ceremony begins at 11 AM. Then, the reception is following that. Wednesday night, the family is going out for a big celebratory dinner. Thursday, father-in-law goes in again for dialysis. Later that morning, I've got to take my son to a doctor's appointment; and later that day, take sisters-in-law and nephew to the airport. Friday, take my mother and father-in-law to the airport; then on Friday evening, go to a brewery with my husband's coworkers for more promotion celebration.

Please, please, please post anything you can think of to make me laugh. I need humor to get through this week. I am trying to tackle some cards, just so I can keep some sense of sanity, but, please (if you can), please leave me a funny post about anything. I know that laughter is the best medicine. Sending love to everyone who reads my blog!

6 comments:

Babsarella said...

Hey Ethel, Good luck in getting everything done. I know how challenging it must be. If you want a good laugh, check out http://ihasahotdog.com/ cute dog photos with funny captions. There is also http://icanhascheezburger.com/ if you prefer cats (kittahs). Cracks me up every time!

Loobylou said...

G'day Ethel, sending you good vibes from Down Under. Do you want to hear a silly Aussie kids joke?
Q: Why did the cow win an award?
A: Cos he was outstanding in his field


hahaha, thought it went well with the "promotion" theme.
Sarah

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Ethel Ethel Ethel!!!!!
Man, what a crazy hectic week...

Humor, you say?

Real story: about 4 years ago on a long road trip my son was talking behind me from his car seat... I was focused on the road and driving .. my sister was with us.. He said 'mommy I have Levi's'. And (thinking were does he get this stuff?) I, responded, 'no honey, you wear wranglers'.. and he said, look mommy! My sister turned around to look at him and busted out laughing.. We had purchased a few St. Patrick's day decorations and my son had taken my dd's headband with the bouncy shamrocks - put in on, and put the shamrocks on his eyeballs..
Leave eyes!
He is always doing funny things! And usually in the car!

I hope you survive! One day at a time, just take it one day at a time...
And, 5pm cocktails baby...

Anne said...

Oh, Ethel! Great big {{{{{HUGS!}}}}} to you during your oh-so-busy week! Wow!

Here are a couple of videos that might cheer you up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYokLWfqbaU
http://www.stupidvideos.com/tv/homepage_1/Red_Light_Green_Light_Cat/#193859

Wishing you as much calm, peace, serenity, and smooth sailing as possible this week! :-)

Anne said...

Hi, Ethel! Congratulations on winning the "Fall Challenge" in the Stamping Friends' pool over on Flickr! :-)

Here's another funny video, too:
http://www.stupidvideos.com/tv/homepage_1/Cats_Cant_Touch_This/#191833

Thinking positive happy thoughts for you! :-)

Dymphie said...

Take a look here:
http://bentobjects.blogspot.com/

Congrats on the promotion, happy birthday to your boy and all the best to overcome this hectic week :)