Sunday, September 21, 2008

We're celebrating birthdays galore!


Artygirlz has been celebrating it's one year birthday this past week. With a lot of my friends and family celebrating birthdays, I thought I'd share this altered Starbucks Frapuccino carrier and bottles that I made to fit the Artygirlz Challenge this week, as well as for celebrating my friend, Becky's, birthday. She is a "closet" goth. She and I both like Batz Maru (a Hello Kitty! character) and she and I like tatoos. Now, I don't have a tatoo on my body, but I do want to get one someday. I just haven't figured out what the design I want to get. Last month, when Becky, Deb, Lori and I went out for Deb's birthday. the girls decided they all wanted to get body piercings. I already have my nose pierced, and my ears are pierced in three places, so I declined to get any more piercings. Becky got her nose pierced in the same spot where mine is pierced. Deb got her ear cartillage pierced; and Lori had her belly button pierced. LOL! It made for an interesting night, to say the least. Before we went to the tatoo / piercing place, we ate dinner at a really nice restaurant and had martinis. Then, we went to get the piercings done. Afterwards, we continued to celebrate at the Cheesecake Factory. Well, Becky's birthday is coming up, and she wants to get tatoos. LOL! I have told her that I will go with her, but I don't plan on getting inked that night. For now, I hope she'll enjoy the dark chocolates that I've placed in each bottle. The skull image is a "dollar" stamp by Imaginisce. The Happy Birthday 'banner' is by Purple Onion Designs; and the goth girl is by Zettiology. Papers are by Rusty Pickle. Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to post a comment for my Blog Candy Giveaway for this week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great celebration!

Crissi Harvey said...

stunning work totally love the card and what an excellent gift how lucky is you friend to receive them.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

Julie Allain said...

Ethel this is absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge

Julie xxx

Anne said...

Hi, Ethel! What a lovely card and gift set you've made. Love the altered frappucino set with the candies inside! :-)

Hope you have a blast celebrating all the birthdays. Sounds like you'll have a fun time!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job on the gift set.

Catherine said...

way too cool..i love it!

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, this is Stunning wonderful Work. Love all the fantastic Details, great colors......