Friday, September 5, 2008

Birthday Card for a dear friend


I made this card for a friend celebrating a birthday very soon. It seems that September is a very popular birthday month within my own family and amongst many of my friends. Hmmmm.........I wonder why that is? I used Avian Toile by Stampin Up for my focal image. I used (sort-of) the Spotlight Technique. I used my Marvy punches around the sentiment (Inkadinkado). There's something about the combination of red, cream and chocolate that is really pleasing to me.
I love having an Archiver's store nearby so I can stock up on these delicious chocolate square envelopes. I heat embossed the toile flowers on the envelope using Ranger's Seafoam White. I hope my friend likes it!

6 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

HOLEY BUCKETS this is stunning! You are right this color combo is yummy! I love the image- I think I need at SU catty! Rangers Seafoam white is the best! Your friend is going to be blown away buy this beautiful card!
=batk= SMILE!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ethel, this is ... is.... WOW! So beautiful!!! Honey...your friend is going to be knocked off her socks when she receives this. Of course all of your art work is simply the best, but yowza! This is gorgeous. I love your "sort of" spotlight technique on this card. It really highlights the beautiful toile stamp and bird. WOW!

Anonymous said...

How could she not? Beautiful card and envie!!

Catherine said...

GORGEOUS card =)

LeAnne said...

Ethel, this is beautiful! What talent you have. I will have to peruse your blog since I just found it through Jennifer!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

LOL I blame the Christmas sherry for all the September birthdays!

This is one beautiful card - lovely soft feel to the whole thing and I'm sure it will be received with delight.

xxxxxxx