Saturday, December 20, 2008
Toffee Cheesecake Squares
* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup confectioner's (powdered) sugar
* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/4 tsp baking soda
* 3/4 cup ( 1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
* 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
* 1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Mil (NOT evaoporated milk)
* 2 eggs
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups (8 oz) package English or Heath Toffee bits
1) Preheat oven to 350-degrees. In a medium bowl, combine flour, confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press firmly on bottom of ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
2) In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of toffee bits. Pour mixture over hot crust. Bake for 25 minutes or until set and edges just begin to brown.
3. Cool 15 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup toffee bits evenly over top. Cool completely. Refrigerate several hours or until cold. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Yields 40 1" x 1" squares.