Saturday, November 8, 2008

Non-labor-intensive Christmas Card


I've been playing around with a few ideas for Christmas cards to give to family and my male co-workers. I don't know about you, but I save the really labor-intensive cards for people who I know will appreciate the work that went into it. My immediate family members, including my brothers, mom and dad, and my in-laws know that I put a lot of hard work into creating some of my cards. But, for other relatives, and even my male co-workers (well, you know men) who don't really understand that making cards is a labor of love..... well..... I'd rather not make some of my Christmas cards that labor intensive (you know what I mean?)
So, when I went to Archiver's today, and saw this really cute Quickutz die, I had an "Aha!" moment. This is the answer for my oh-so-sophisticated relatives in the San Francisco Bay Area. (Doesn't a set of martini glasses seem like the appropriate gift with this card? Hmmm......maybe I'll get that for my sister-in-law who loves a good martini.) I've always wanted to make them a handmade card, but I know they just won't appreciate liquid applique on snow, or bling, or stickles or brads. To make the assembly go even faster, I went ahead and created the "Merry Christmas" on my computer. "Easy-peasy!" as Jamie Oliver would say. Now, I just have to make 50 of these, and I'll be good to go! A crafter's job is never finished!

5 comments:

pescbrico said...

I certainly know what you mean! :) Not all men does not know the work it take to make one... my best costumer here is a guy! :) Lovely card! Have fun making them!

Anonymous said...

I completely understand you! I love this card! It is very fun!

Sue McGettigan said...

Love your card Ethel (love Jamie Oliver too :)

Monica-FC said...

ok, now that is oh so easy. I love it.

Paula said...

these are adorable. I too, am all for simply done cards, this time of year, we all put too much pressure on ourselves and then can't enjoy the holidays. You nailed it with these cards. TFS.