Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Knight in Shining Armor



Do you sometimes find it very challenging to create a card for your husband or boyfriend without attaching anything frilly or feminine? I tend to make cards pleasing to "my eye" and forget (sometimes, not all the time) that I have to take into consideration that the recipient may not like the card I'm giving to them. I mean, when you go to the store to buy a card, don't you try to balance your "taste" with the taste or style of the person you are giving the card to? I think it's the same thing with cardmaking.
My husband was my inspiration for this card. How does one make a card for a man, while keeping with one's personal style, yet being careful not to add ribbon, lace, or flowers? This is what I came up with. It was certainly a challenge, I assure you. Now, my husband has always been my greatest supporter in this hobby of mine; and he is too much of a gentleman to say anything negative or critical of my cards. I think he'll find the kissing children adorable (although, he won't admit it). The colors are certainly masculine; the hearts reflect the playful side of my personality; and the sentiment is oh-so-true.

12 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

I try to balance all of that out too! I love your colors and the playful way you have the squares and the hearts! The kissing kids is adorable!

Sue from Oregon said...

this card is wonderful. You put a lot of time and love into this...he better love it LOL! Love the sepia tone effect!

Anonymous said...

Perfect!

xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Yes definitely a challenge! You pulled it off though! Great card! I love it! The kissing children are classic. too cute!

Midnitecreations - Renu said...

It's so tough to do a masculine card, but you pulled it off so perfectly. All the pieces come together as if they were meant to be!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

He'll love it! The kissing kids are adorable and I think most likely reflect the playful child-like fun that is a part of marriage too. I love this card! It is perfect!

Monica-FC said...

that is so neat that your husband supports your hobby as most does not. I know mine doesn't. only wish he did. so glad you have one that does though. I love the look of the layout and how you manage to amke it look for everyone likes.

Catherine said...

what an adorable card...very sweet!

Sandy said...

You totally pulled it off, Ethel, great work!

Thanh Vo said...

You said it, I always try to find that balance too. Such a great a card!

Anonymous said...

Ethel...this card is so adorable. I love it :)

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Beautifully executed masculine card! It's always refreshing to meet another married couple in-love - so rare these days!