Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Another cheerful birthday surprise


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stamp set. It's called Jest Between Friends, and it came out in a summer mini catalog (2007, perhaps?) by Stampin Up. Yes, I went wild with the Stickles. Seriously, though, it's not as "grainy" as these photographs will lead you to believe. The glitter is definitely noticeable, but in realy life (IRL), it's a softer, shiny look. Photographs never do Stickles any justice. I'm sending this to a friend for her birthday. I think she'll get a kick out of it. The image was colored with Stampin Up markers. The present is placed on the clown's hand with a pop dot beneath. I am having so much fun creating this week! It's good to get some R & R in the craft room!

6 comments:

Tami Bayer said...

Gorgeous coloring on this Ethel. I'm in awe of it. Lucky friend who receives it.

Julie Koerber said...

Your coloring skills rock on this! I'm amazed! In fact, all your cards are amazing -- tons of talent here!!! :-)

Thanh Vo said...

I am just BLOWN away by this card Ethel! It is so, so simple... yet the colouring and the stickles... WOW.

Photographs never do Stickles any justice. I know!!! My stickles always look clumpy when I take the photos

Anonymous said...

Stunning card, what impact and GREAT fun!

xxxxxxxx

Sue from Oregon said...

Great colors in this card...I kick myself for not getting this set when it was available@

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Let me tell you! This card is AMAZING in real life. Oh my gosh! You have no idea how thrilled I am to have received this. Your generosity truly touches me, Ethel. Thank you!