Sunday, June 29, 2008

Vintage Sunday





Whew! I thought I'd never have a chance to craft this weekend. We had a powerful storm come through on Friday afternoon. Our power was knocked out from the storm, and wasn't restored until Saturday morning. We are one of the lucky ones. There are neighborhoods around Omaha that are not going to have their power restored until next Saturday. I took a shower early, yesterday, so I could run out and grab a rod, hooks and shower curtain. My office at work has a private shower and bathroom, so I was preparing to take my husband and son to shower at work. By the time I was at the store, my husband called to tell me the electricity was back on at our house, Whew! After showering, we all went down to the Old Market Area for the 34th Annual Summer Arts Festival. I wish I brough my camera with me, but I forgot. We saw some of the most awesome art. One vendor was selling dulcimers. He makes some of them out of willow. It produces the most amazing sounds. There were so many vendors selling so many beautiful fine art items, from pottery, jewelry, photographs and paintings, to delicious food items and music. This was no ordinary arts and crafts festival. Of course, everything was very pricey. I wanted to buy a nantucket lightship basket, but the smallest one (the size of a pen/pencil cup) was $68. It was BEAUTIFUL, but I knew I couldn't afford it. It was so nice to browse and check out what everyone had to offer.

This morning, I decided to knock out a couple of cards. We are on our way out the door, in a few minutes, to have some dim-sum. These are cards for friends. One is celebrating a birthday this week, and the other card is for a swap. I thought I'd create a little "vintage" this morning, rather than stamping and coloring. I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday, and are finding time to smell the roses!

7 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Hi Ethel!
Wow! What a storm!!! Thank goodness you have your power back, but boy, those poor neighbors! We were out of power once for close to 2 weeks... parts can be an adventure, but afterward you do appreciate the convenience of electricity!!!

I just love seeing your vintage work.. It is my favorite 'Ethel signature'....

Have a beautiful day with your 'boys'...

K Hutchinson said...

We have a friend that plays the dosphuluur it one of the most beautiful sounds!

Your cards are beautiful! Sorry to hear about your storm and power. Glad to hear that you are all ok!

We have a big Art fest coming up in a couple of weeks I can't wait!

Awna said...

this is georgous! I wish I could do collage stuff. My things always look like a jumbled mess. Your are beautiful!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

I can just imagine how gorgeous the nantucket basket must have been. I have wanted one for as long as I can remember...but alas...too pricey.

Your cards are gorgeous! Is there anything you don't do beautifully? Vintage, cute, floral, everything. Your art is such a pleasure to view!

Vintage Papers said...

these are just beautiful! lovely collage!

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful, so tranquil.

xxxxxxxxxx

Sue McGettigan said...

Ooh - I spot printed Primas - cool! Love the cards Ethel, glad your power came back on!