Sunday, March 16, 2008

Pop-up card. Hello Spring!





My crocuses are peaking out from under some ground cover. The weather isn't warm enough to be outside for too long, otherwise, I would be out there, today, cleaning up some of the dead foliage that's covering some of my flower beds. But, when the crocus start to bloom, it won't be too long before we will begin to see the dwarf irises, tulips, daffodils, and periwinkle making their appearance.

Today, I made a pop-up card. It's been a long time since I'd made one of these. More than anything, I must've used eight different paper punches to make this card. Everything from various sizes of circle punches to my Stampin Up scalloped punch and slit punch. Happy Spring to you!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What sweet cute card!!! Love the colors, image, and pop up!

Dawn said...

WOW, this is fantabulous (my own word). I sooo love the colors the pop up and well, everything. Great card.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Crocuses? You lucky lady. It snowed a teeny tiny bit today :( Love your pop up card.

Sandy said...

Just loving your popup card!!

liannallama said...

oh, so cute! What a great idea for a popup! Sorry I missed your spring thing--I just couldn't post early enough!

Tassy said...

I stumbled across your blog and I am so glad I did! I was browsing through your work and the more I looked the more I realised you are a truly talented person, very creative. I like the way you add a personal touch to each of your work.the one with the rubber romance lady walking with dog, on a basic grey background, you said you might consider sending it to a magazine, I dont know if you did but I honestly think you should!!!I do not know why you havent sent any of your card to a mag yet!!!Your blog is on my favourite list now and sorry you wont get rid of me!LOL.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ohhhhh how sweet! This is absolutely darling. You are so clever to use the pop up for this card. I am just loving your cards with these stamps!

Jennifer :)

Thanh Vo said...

Oh my gosh, Ethel!!! I cannot believe that you sent this card to me in my blog candy package. You are a clever and amazing papercrafter and it is such a pleasure to be your friend and be inspired by you. *HUGS*