Friday, February 23, 2007

Gung Hei Fat Choy!

Happy Chinese New Year! This is the year of the Golden Pig. I don't have any stamps of Golden Pigs (the only pig stamps I have are of two pigs kissing.....for Valentine's Day...) But, I was inspired by the new Basic Grey (Scarlet's Letter) line to create a Bargello card. As I was piecing this together, I was starting to see the "Asian" flavor coming through; and that's how the theme for this card developed. Crane stamps are by Curtis Uyeda. Asian coin is by Karen Foster (given to me by my lovely friend, Mary Rogers. Hi Mary!) .....and....I received a wonderful surprise the other day. I found out that four of my cards will be appearing in the Spring 2007 Stamper's Sampler Take Ten Issue. It's due to hit the newstands on March 1st, but I've noticed that it's already available at Barnes & Noble (in Omaha, anyway). I had sent in artwork last Fall. This motivates me to send in more of my work! I'll upload the cards once March 1st rolls around.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how this card looks. I've always wanted to try the bargello but just haven't yet - you've inspired me!

Julie Prichard said...

This card look sreally neat! I have never heard of this technique. Congratulations on your magazine!

Thanh Vo said...

Happy New Year, Ethel!! I love this card! Im not sure which part is my fav... lol

K Hutchinson said...

This is a wonderful card. It makes me what to give this bargello technique at try! Congrats on getting published , can't wait until I can pick up the magazine!

~K

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Ethel, on your great news about being published. You certainly deserve it. You are a fantastic collage artist. I too want to be published this year and submitted my first card two weeks ago. Isn't this hobby of ours fun?!

Vintage Papers said...

beautiful card! I love the awesome colors!