Sunday, January 31, 2010
1,723 pieces and a new card
That's exactly how many pieces of fabric went into this quilt top.
1,723. LOL! What was I thinking?
This is the very first project I've made using the foundation-paper-piecing technique. I wish I had discovered it sooner. How easy peasy? OK..... it was a tad tedious.
110 blocks. Each block measuring 5" square. Then, you've got the one-inch sashing between blocks, one-inch setting blocks, and ten-inch wide borders.
But it's finished, and now, I will take it to a friend who has a long-arm machine for quilting. When it's all done I will share the finished quilted product with you. Now.... ONTO THE NEXT QUILT!!
This is the second project I worked on today. It's been a year since I've made a card. I am very rusty, I'm afraid. The vintage image came from an older Stampin Up set. I stamped with Memento and colored with copics. I stippled some Tea-Dye Distress Ink over the image and edged with chalk ink. Added some primas, punched leaves and a border (Martha Stewart Punch), and pearl embellishments. I gave away a lot of my vintage embellishments, and these are all I have left. Thanks for stopping by, today!!